International Students F1 can declare TAX?


Even though most international students don’t need to report income tax, if there are living in the US and meet the substantial presence test they must file exemption form 8843 to avoid having to report global income in the US as a resident.

However, if the international student worked as part of his program or had any other income source in the US during the year he must report and pay the applicable taxes.

To know more about the US requirements for international students please contact us.